• The robot design must be a flying robot or ground rover or robotic arm or humanoid or underwater robot or some type of innovative hybrid design
• The robot design must have a purpose.
• The robot design must incorporate 1 or more sensors into the design (research and find actual components).
• Use Tinkercad or SketchUp
• Must design a drone or robot.
• Must be to actual scale.
• You are free to design separate parts but they must assemble as one design.
• It cannot be a weapon.
• No pre-designed components that are not of a mechanical nature. (Gears = allowed / Dinosaur skeleton = not allowed).
• Submit an STL file.
Drone/Robot Minimum Criteria
• Must be a mobile design.
• Must be a practical/possible design.
• Must have a control system.
• Autonomous control capabilities are acceptable.
• Physical controller does not need to be designed if it is not attached.
Written Essay and Video Submission
• A screen-capture video that is 3.5 minutes or less with narration and a 500-word essay about the design.
• Please be careful to not include students in the video submissions for student privacy reasons.
• Speaking/Writing Topics:
- Personal Design Process
- Purpose of the drone/robot
- Usage of the drone/robot
- Sensors used in the drone/robot
- You can include images and diagrams as visual aids
- It must be submitted as a PDF format
• Scoring criteria will be provided to all registrants.
How to Submit
• CAD Files:
- Please collect all CAD files for the design entry and zip them into one folder.
- Please name this zipped folder as follows: SN_TN_GN_CADfiles.zip, where,
SN = School Name
TN = Teacher Name
GN = Group Number
• Please upload the following 3 files on Google Drive or Dropbox or One Drive or Box.com
- Zipped folder with your CAD designs: SN_TN_GN_CADfiles.zip
- Essay: SN_TN_GN_Essay.pdf
- Video: SN_TN_GN_Video (any video format will work)
• Please send us the link to these files via email at [email protected] — the subject of the email should be SN_TN_GN
• Only submissions that are sent from registered Teacher/Mentor emails will be accepted.
• No emails, registrations, or design entries that are submitted directly by students will be accepted, for student privacy reasons.